Associate Director of Sales and Business Development
As MBA’s Associate Director of Business Development, you will have the opportunity to prospect, qualify and close new business, with the goal of achieving AOR status for the agency. Working at the most prominent consumer technology PR firm in the USA, you’ll reinforce the agency’s unique value proposition in the marketplace and build continuous interest from prospective brands. You’re primary responsibility will be to actively build a new business pipeline, generate leads, and develop proposals and pitches that win new business.
In this position, you will:
- Proactively lead the identification of, research, outreach and overall management of the potential client prospect list
- Prospect and cold call/outreach appropriate business executives to obtain appointments, analyze business needs, and manage the pitch process
- Move client prospects through the cycle, from consideration to project engagements to ongoing retainer relationships
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Manage entire pitch process; Oversee internal process for responding to RFPs and preparing for pitches
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4 years direct sales experience including cold calling.
- Candidate must have minimum of 4 years’ experience selling a service or customizable product to customers with multiple decision makers.
- Candidate must have exceptional presentation skills with the ability to “own the room”.
- Though previous tech experience is not a requirement, candidate must be tech savvy with a solid understanding of current consumer technology.
- Understanding of the modern PR and advertising environment is a must
- Fluency in communications agency or advertising agency services
- Professional client-facing skills; full comprehension of client businesses
- Quantifiable track record of lead generation, pitches and wins
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal and listening skills
- Expert ability to identify and respond to opportunities to sell in agency services
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Other things we think would be cool if you could do:
- Run a 5k in under 25 minutes
- Build a computer from spare parts
- Design an iPhone app
- Parachute from an airplane
- A snake shot (Foosball)
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% company-paid medical and vision coverage for employees
- Profit-sharing program for all benefits-eligible team members
- Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- Reimbursement for fitness-related races/events
- Free business books
- 401k with 50% company match, up to 4% of salary
- Annual 3-day company cruise