Communications & Design Intern
Our internship program provides interns with hands-on experience in influencer relations, public relations, graphic design, and photography.
Work within the agency’s Brand Experience department, which manages earned and paid campaigns for global and national technology and consumer electronics companies. Because our department works with clients on multiple levels, you will gain experience alongside several team members – designers, art directors, influencer and PR account leads – offering an integrated understanding of how marketing strategies are executed.
Interns are responsible for assisting with projects and are also tasked with leading projects on their own, such as conducting research, working directly with influencers and journalists, and developing creative content for owned and earned media channels. Interns report to directly to their agency mentor, who is a senior level communications and design professional with vast experience. We hire interns on an on-going basis.
· Assist on several client accounts across the agency
· Research influencers in wide range of verticals and build outreach lists
· Research relevant media contacts and build media lists
· Write email pitches as well as copy for social channels
· Pitch journalists and social influencers to secure coverage and build relationships
· Develop social content calendars and storyboards
· Shoot and edit photos for social content
· Participate in agency meetings and brainstorms
- Basic understanding of influencer and/or public relations
- Must have intermediate understanding of Photoshop and studio photography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in influencer relations/public relations, photography, design, and technology is a must
- Must be able to multitask and work effectively in group settings
- Basic understanding of client information, including product details, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. After Effects and Premiere a plus.
- Work In an award-winning environment. Inc. magazine has named MBA one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. for more than five years; South Florida Business Journal and Outside magazine have noted MBA as one of the best places to work; and recently, The Holmes Report selected MBA as a finalist for its Top Five North American Boutique PR Agency of the Year award
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Gain in-depth, useful public relations experience