Public Relations Senior Account Executive
We are currently seeking a Public Relations Senior Account Executive to lead accounts focused on media and influencer relations, thought leadership, and overall communications strategy. SAE's are responsible for providing senior level leadership to account teams, high level of daily customer service for clients and have a proven ability to execute and drive results in media and influencer relations. Account work can also include content strategy, creation and distribution, social management and strategy, as well as data-driven reporting & analysis.
We value Transparency, Accountability, Ambition, Hustle, and Purpose above all else. We recruit, reward and release people based on these values and they act as a guiding compass for all internal/external communications, processes and relationships. We have a startup mentality and move fast. You should be comfortable thinking on your feet and acting quick in uncomfortable situations. We like people who can see the big picture, but don't forget that a lot of shit has to be done and it takes a team to get there.
- Client Relations - You have an ability to build client relationships at a high level. Clients quickly grow to view you as a partner and a member of their internal team. Asking the right questions to properly identify client goals, challenges and expectations is key. You proactively identify, surface and solve potential issues on your own, approaching them with the client confidently.
- Media and Influencer Relations - Ability to build strong relationships with media, influencers and partners is at the core of our service offering. Your should be able to develop communication plans and create story-lines surrounding product launches, company news and continually generate media attention with unique story angles and a creative approach to PR. Daily activities might include building media and influencer lists, researching editorial calendars, and pitching media and influencers.
- Strategy Development - You're capable of engaging with clients to understand their broader business / marketing goals and translate that into a successful communications strategy. You understand how to use data and insights to drive a client's strategy. You go beyond pulling a list of media from Cision and have a purpose behind why you target the media and influencers for a client. Insights to SEO, trending topics, sales data and web traffic analysis is part of each strategy you recommend.
- Writing - You have a high attention to detail and the ability to craft a story in the client's voice and tone. You start every writing project with research and thoughtful consideration to messaging and positioning for your client. You approach release and pitch writing confidently and are not afraid to make creative recommendations to clients that might be stuck in old practices.
- Results and Setting Expectations - You can relay value at a high level. Understanding how our services and results effect the client's bottom line and impact their overall business goals. The ability to articulate this value to client CEOs, CMOs and internally among team members will be key to your success. You should be just as comfortable and confident in delivering challenges and slow results alongside future solutions, as you are presenting big successes to a client.
- Culture - You proactively seek self improvement and do not shy away from feedback. You confidently surface and dissect weaknesses and failures, as often as strengths and successes. You're known for hustle and no job is beneath you.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant PR or marketing experience
- Understanding of product launches, brand storytelling, and media and influencer relations strategies
- Understanding of digital/new media marketing strategies
- Expert in persuasive writing and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
Other things we think would be cool if you could do:
- Run a 5k in under 25 minutes
- Solve a Rubik's cube in under a minute
- Play a musical instrument by ear
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Be a world champion in anything
- Start your own business
- A snake shot (Foosball)
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% company-paid medical and vision coverage for employees
- Profit-sharing program for all benefits-eligible team members
- Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- Reimbursement for fitness-related races/events
- Free business books
- 401k with 50% company match, up to 4% of salary
- Annual 3-day company cruise