Public Relations Account Executive
We are currently seeking a Public Relations Account Executive to lead accounts focused on media and influencer relations, thought leadership, and overall communications strategy. Account work may also include content strategy, creation and distribution, social management and strategy, as well as data-driven reporting & analysis.
We value Transparency, Accountability, Ambition, Hustle, and Purpose above all else. We recruit, reward and release people based on these values and they act as a guiding compass for all internal/external communications, processes and relationships. We have a startup mentality and move fast. You should be comfortable thinking on your feet and acting quick in uncomfortable situations. We like people who can see the big picture, but don't forget that we have a lot of shit to do and it takes a team to get there.
- Media and Influencer Relations - You aggressively pursue media opportunities powered by your ability to build strong relationships with media, influencers and partners. You should be able to develop communication plans and create story-lines surrounding product launches, company news and continually generate media attention with unique story angles and a creative approach to PR. Daily activities might include building media and influencer lists, researching editorial calendars and new outlets, and pitching media and influencers.
- Writing - You have a high attention to detail and the ability to craft a story in the client's voice and tone. You start every writing project with research and thoughtful consideration to messaging and positioning for your client. You approach release and pitch writing confidently and are not afraid to make creative recommendations to clients that might be stuck in old practices.
- Strategy Planning & Research - You understand how to use data and insights to drive a client's strategy. You go beyond pulling a list of media from Cision and have a purpose behind why you target the media and influencers for a client.
- Client Relations - You're attentive and respond quick to client needs. You are a master at predicting a clients request and providing a solution before they even ask. Client's feel you are on top of everything so they don't have to be.
- Results and Setting Expectations - You see value in PR and social beyond unique visitors and follower numbers. You understand how our services impact our clients ultimate business goals and work to connect the dots for them in daily communications, monthly reports and quarterly analysis.
- Culture - You proactively seek self improvement and do not shy away from feedback. You confidently surface and dissect weaknesses and failures, as often as strengths and successes. You're known for hustle and no job is beneath you.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant PR or marketing experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Understanding of product launches, brand storytelling, and media and influencer relations strategies
- Understanding of digital/new media marketing strategies
- Expert in persuasive writing and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
Other things we think would be cool if you could do:
- Run a 5k in under 25 minutes
- Solve a Rubik's cube in under a minute
- Play a musical instrument by ear
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Be a world champion in anything
- Start your own business
- A snake shot (Foosball)
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% company-paid medical and vision coverage for employees
- Profit-sharing program for all benefits-eligible team members
- Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- Reimbursement for fitness-related races/events
- Free business books
- 401k with 50% company match, up to 4% of salary
- Annual 3-day company cruise